Gone are those days when the engineers used to draw using scale, protractor and Drafter. Now, enter 2021. At this day, product engineers are developing, designing and bringing new products to market at an astonishing rate. A heavy part of this credit, We feel, goes to the advancements we have seen in software tools over the last few years.
The 3D CAD modeling tools are very much beneficial such as- helping the product engineers generate models for prototype, manufacturing, marketing in a much efficient and speedier manner. Ofcourse, with the right type of 3D CAD Modelling software tools, engineers can design at a much lesser time.
Each application has its own advantages and varies across industries. For example, Aviation industries chooses Catia V5 for their better surfacing. Sheet metal companies choose Creo, Inventor. Medical, Moulding and Casting industries use Unigraphics NX. Food industries, Robotics and Automation companies choose Solidworks and Inventor. Varies client to client
And, this is precisely why we have rounded up a few of the best CAD modeling software for product engineers.
Do you know Autodesk provides one of the most widely used 3D design, engineering software and services available in the market today!
AutoCAD is a powerful 3D tool which helps product engineers to design every minute details. The ability to work with a trusted DWG technology is an added advantage. It allows engineers to collaborate across cloud & desktop while working on the go.
Some of the features of the software are:
- Create any great design using 3D modeling and visualization tools
- Share and use data from DGN file, PDFs, Bing Maps and AutoCAD mobile application
- Customize AutoCAD to improve productivity and implement CAD standards
- Users can perform object selection, PDF import enhancements, external file references, text to Mtext augmentation, etc.
SolidWorks 3D CAD software is one of the best 3D CAD modeling software. It is available in 3 editions: Standard, Professional and Premium. These 3 editions enable the product engineers with the functionality to enhance the design process and be more productive. All these three editions support 3D design capabilities.
Some of the features of these editions are:
- SolidWorks Standard is an all powerful 3D design used for creating assemblies, parts, 2D drawings easily and quickly.
- SolidWorks Professional has great design and modeling features. It supports advanced photorealistic rendering, file management tools, eDrawings, automated cost estimation, automated design, professional collaboration abilities, drawing checking and much more.
- SolidWorks Premium is an integrated 3D design solution with strong simulation and design validation features. It allows MCAD/ECAD collaboration, advanced wire routing, reverse engineering of products and pipe routing functionality etc.
Creo Parametric 3D Modeling Software
When it comes to 3D CAD Modeling, PTC is not the one to stay behind. Their 3D tool is perfect for any innovative product development. Using Creo Parametric 3D, users can build 3D virtual prototypes of products easily, thus, helping in propelling the product development process. It is a product engineering software used by enterprises to improve their product’s speed-to-market and quality.
Some of the main features are:
- Parametric and direct modeling with interoperable product design applications
- Seamless integration of tech for innovation and productivity
- Easy capture design intent and ability to build models that alter as soon as we change the features’ parameters
- Create and interact with 3D CAD geometry to quick results of your engineering choices
- Flexible editing environment suitable for beginners
Inventor is a 3D CAD software used for product development that provides professional-level mechanical design, product simulation tools and documentation. This tool helps engineers to work with data collected from any type of 3D CAD systems while maintaining a relatable link.
Some of the salient features are:
- Quicker open time for larger file sets to hasten the design process
- Modeling flexibility with different modeling options
- Automation functionality allows to set product configurator without writing any complex code
- Use 3D annotations to add notes, tolerance dimensions and some other details to the model
CATIA is a leading product design and experience solution from Dassault Systemes. It is used to create products that people use in their daily life around the world.
Few features of the software are:
- Imagine, define and shape the product for better connectivity
- You can model any product in the context of its real life property to help design in the age of experience
- Use powerful dashboards to understand real-time concurrent design, support business intelligence and collaboration across all stakeholders
- 3D simulation and modeling abilities to optimize the effectiveness of all users
Unigraphics NX (UG NX)
Unigraphics NX or UG as it is fondly called, is a product engineering solution from Siemens PLM. It offers users with validation and digital modeling tools for designing products and processing. The software can help users with their virtual product design and process design needs.
After the development of various interactive CAD/CAM systems, applications in PC have achieved tremendous development and it has become a mainstream application of 3D design in the Dye industry. It is a flexible tool with powerful features and plays an important part in creating various complex shapes and entities. Industrial designers can particularly use NX for modeling to quickly create and improve complex products’ shapes and use the software for advanced rendering and visualization tools to maximise the aesthetic needs of the design concept.
The rising demand shows that today’s designers expect something greater. And, CAD techniques and 3D design technologies seem to have answers to all their woes. With the right set of tools by their side, designers can bring profound impact on the product design and manufacturing process. From single product creator to bigger manufacturing industry, everyone can reap the benefits offered by these 3D CAD modeling softwares.
If you are worried about doing your perfect product designing, then it’s high time for you to consult the CAD consultants from leading CAD service provider, Sedin Technologies. They have good expertise and background in design using all the major CAD applications which are available in the market today.